You may be a candidate for total joint replacement surgery in you have:
- Failed all available non-operative treatments
- Continue to have pain that affects your ability to exercise or perform activities of daily living
We take your medical history seriously as certain health conditions can lead to a poor outcome from surgery.
You may not be a candidate for surgery if you:
- Use significant narcotic pain medications
- Suffering from obesity with a BMI greater than 40
- Have uncontrolled diabetes.
Having one or more of these conditions can increase your surgical risk of infections, wound complications, or chronic pain after surgery. If you are suffering from one of these conditions, we will provide you with resources to help you become a better surgical candidate.