The Importance Of Physical Therapy
Why Is Physical Therapy Important?
Once surgery is completed, it is your responsibility to ensure that you regain strength, and range of motion, especially in the case of total knee replacement surgery. Physical therapy is very important in helping you reach your goals early on after surgery. Lack of physical therapy can lead to deficits in strength, range of motion, which then leads to chronic pain. It is important that you begin physical therapy immediately after surgery.
What Is The Difference Between Home Physical Therapy And Outpatient Physical Therapy?
Home Physical Therapy
- A physical therapist comes to your home within 3-4 days of surgery
- This service is ordered & scheduled by our office
- Access to home therapy will not impact your recovery as long as you do the exercises daily
- May not be a covered service for patients with Medicaid, Oscar, or Ambetter insurance plans
Outpatient Physical Therapy
- You must go to a physical therapy office within 2 weeks of surgery
- If you do not have home PT, you must begin outpatient PT the day after surgery!
- It is YOUR responsibility to schedule this service
- Please schedule this before surgery as many locations have waiting lists!
The Importance Of Attending OMGPT
Orthopaedic Medical Group offers physical therapy services in three locations. The teamwise approach we use in the office extends to our physical therapists. This means your surgeon can easily keep up with your progress after surgery and individualize your treatment plan to ensure the fastest recovery.
10740 Palm River Rd, Suite 310, Tampa, FL 33619
13837 Circa Crossing Dr, Suite 210, Lithia, FL 33547
2805 54th Ave N, St Petersburg, FL 33714