Dr. Christopher Donaldson, MD
Shoulder & Elbow Specialist and General Orthopaedic Surgery
Appointment days & location
Dr. Christopher T. Donaldson is a general orthopedic surgeon specializing in arthroscopic and open repair, reconstruction and revision of simple and complex shoulder & elbow conditions. A Johnstown, Pennsylvania native, Dr. Donaldson completed his medical doctorate at Penn State’s College of Medicine followed by a year of orthopedic research at the University of Maryland. He then remained at the University of Maryland and the prestigious R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center where he completed his orthopedic surgery training, having been honored nationally with awards from the prestigious Hip and Knee Societies; and regionally by the Eastern Orthopaedic, Southern Orthopaedic and Maryland Orthopaedic Associations.
Following residency, Dr. Donaldson completed a sports medicine and shoulder reconstruction fellowship at The Ohio State University where he provided team coverage for championship football, men’s ice hockey, wrestling and baseball teams. He then joined Western PA Orthopedics and Sports Medicine where he became partner and later, additionally, President prior to joining the Orthopedic Medical Group of Tampa Bay.
Dr. Donaldson has performed thousands of orthopedic cases, including arthroscopic and open repair, joint replacement, reconstruction, revision and fracture cases. He has served as teaching faculty to orthopaedic surgeons at national and regional meetings. He has served on the Pennsylvania Orthopedic Society Board of Directors, co-founded the Big 10 Orthopaedic Sports Fellow Society and was one of the youngest member inductees into the American Orthopedic Association, the world’s oldest and most prestigious orthopaedic leadership society. He has also contributed to develop several surgical devices and techniques to better patient care and is known for his excellent outcomes and passion for patient care.
Dr. Donaldson and his wife, Johnna, have two daughters, Kathryn and Anna. He is an avid sports enthusiast, but especially enjoys spending time with his family and traveling.
- Shoulder & Elbow
- Worker’s Compensation Injuries
- General Orthopaedics
- Simple & Complex Arthroscopic Shoulder/Elbow Dislocations, Repairs, & Reconstructions
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repairs, Revisions, & Superior Capsular Reconstructions
- Total Shoulder Replacement (including reverse shoulder replacement)
- Elbow Fractures, Dislocations, and Reconstruction
- Shoulder Arthroscopy Techniques and Implant Development
- Shoulder Replacement Techniques and Implant Development
- Elbow Surgery Techniques and Implant Development
Education & Certifications
- Undergraduate: Juniata College
- Medical Degree: Penn State College of Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery Training: University of Maryland Medical Center and R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
- Post-Residency Training: The Ohio State University